the sometimes senseless ravings (and the occassional rant) of an aspiring marine ecologist who may enjoy killing things a little too much

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Really? It's Only Lunchtime?

Things I did before noon today:
  • Woke up, took a shower, got dressed. Did not blow dry my hair.
  • Unloaded the dishwasher.
  • Got Max up, in a fresh diaper, dressed, fed (Cheerios and 1/2 a banana), changed again, and packed off to daycare.
  • Met Dr. V. at Starbucks to go over the very few and very minor revisions still to do on Chapter 2 (formerly known as Chapter 1) of my dissertation. Then he told me to send it out to all but one of my committee members. Yay, progress!
  • Did two loads of laundry (ok, the second load is still in the dryer).
  • Baked a loaf of bread (from frozen dough that I thawed in the fridge).
  • Shaped hamburger buns for dinner tonight and left them on the counter to rise (I just took them out of the oven, so they weren't finished before noon).
  • Got some exercise in the park ("exercise" was intended to be jogging but ended up as mostly brisk walking).
  • Took a shower. Because exercise is sweaty business. Especially in 90 degree heat.
  • Made an appointment for Max's 18 month checkup (Eeek! He'll be 1 1/2 next week! Then I'll feel stupid telling people his age in months and just have to say he's 1 1/2!).
  • Finished revising the Methods section of Chapter 3 (formerly known as Chapter 2) of my dissertation.
  • Wallowed just a little in the fact that my baby has been in the world for almost a year and a half and is entirely too giant.
I had lunch (a boring turkey sandwich, but it was on yummy fresh baked bread) after noon, so that doesn't make the list. Also, in case you were wondering, I did not get up at 3 a.m. to accomplish all that. I got up at 6:15 as usual. It seems that either I am doing AWESOME in the time management department today or Thursday Next's dad paid me a visit and stopped time for a while (see The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde if you don't get the reference; then read the rest of the series 'cause it's really amusing if you're into funny, satirical, sci-fi-ish books full of literary references).

Now, is it naptime yet?

No comments: