the sometimes senseless ravings (and the occassional rant) of an aspiring marine ecologist who may enjoy killing things a little too much

Thursday, June 01, 2006

If I Were a Desperate Housewife...

i would be susan. i decided this for myself long ago, and then i got bored and discovered that there is an actual quiz on abc.com. so i took it. and i'm susan. here's what the results have to say about this:
you always mean well, but somehow things don't always work out as you'd planned. it doesn't matter. you take your tumbles with good grace and always come up smiling. but try to remember you're the grown-up in your family.
i can see that. i'm always doing goofy things without meaning to. sure, i'm not exactly like susan. i'm not divorced, and i don't have a kid... and i don't live on wisteria lane... and i've never had my arch-enemy burn down my house... and i've never burned down my arch-enemy's house. wait. i don't even have an arch-enemy.

but that's beside the point. the point is that i see myself as susan. i was just thinking this last night, for some reason. it started out as a thought that i always do things the hard way because i never see the easy way to do something the first time. and it seems like people are always rescuing me. not literally, of course. but like susan, i feel like someone is always having to help me with something, despite my best efforts to be independent. and it's not like i go around begging for assitance. it just seems that people see me fumbling with something and say to themselves, "wow, that chick needs help." do i give off a "damsel in distress" vibe or something? i don't know.

maybe i'm over-thinking this, and i just work and hang out with naturally helpful people with too much time on their hands. yep. that must be it.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'm a Lynette. I don't know what to make of that.

You gave up a great job for this? No one really appreciates you, and yet you slog on, with very little sleep and very little thanks. Who can blame you when you occasionally lose it? Hang in there. Just lay off the Ritalin.

Sheesh.