the sometimes senseless ravings (and the occassional rant) of an aspiring marine ecologist who may enjoy killing things a little too much

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Such a Nerd

yeah, i get excited about the nerdiest things. for instance, right now i'm in a state of absolute euphoria that is making it next to impossible to write my proposal for ecotox (which is due the day after tomorrow), and it's all because i just came from anne's office, where we finished going over the proofs of my paper from marine ecology progress series (MEPS). after making copies for both of us, anne stuffed the proofs in a big manila envelope to send back to the journal, and i walked out with a giant smile on my face. it was so awesome to see my paper in MEPS format... now i just have to wait a couple months, and it will actually appear in the journal. i feel like this is a huge step in my career, and since my research is sort of at a standstill for the moment, it's nice to have something to be excited about.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see your work in print. By the way, I'd like my copy autographed, please ;-).

H. said...

Congrats!! That's a really huge deal.

LaTina said...

yeah, it was pretty cool. an autograph is most definitely doable ;) they spelled my name right and everything (you know, capital t and all)... but i'm guessing that knowing the editor had something to do with that - he knows how to spell my name. anyway, i can't wait until the article gets published officially.