the sometimes senseless ravings (and the occassional rant) of an aspiring marine ecologist who may enjoy killing things a little too much

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Never Ceases to Amuse...

i was just checking out my site stats, and the odd word combos in a google search that hit on my site never cease to amuse me. people actually search for things like "eklund hockey blob," which if you were wondering, lists my blog first. it's so weird. maybe they meant to search for "eklund hockey blog." who knows? but they went to my site anyway...

when i see that a hit on my blog has come from a google search, i always click the link to see what was searched for and where my site appeared on the list. the one that made the most sense was "bates battaglia girlfriend." probably some bates fan trying to find out if he has a girlfriend... all of those words have been used at some point on my blog, so google says, "hey! this site has all of your keywords - go check it out!" maybe that person found the bates's-hand-on-my-bum story amusing. anyway, perhaps those of you who have hit counters should check out some of the random google searches that send readers to your sites. it's guaranteed to amuse.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

LOL. I do check out the referrals to my site, it's a lovely feature thanks to Bravenet's counter services. I have found that most were searching for "girls flexing muscles" as well as some lyrics I've used as titles or quoted in entries.